Jimmy Casas has been an educator for over 30 years, serving twenty-two years as a school leader, including fourteen years as Principal at Bettendorf High School. Under his leadership, Bettendorf was named one of the Best High Schools in the country three times by Newsweek and US News & World Report. Jimmy was named the 2012 Iowa Secondary Principal of the Year and was selected as runner-up NASSP 2013 National Secondary Principal of the Year.
Jimmy is also the author of eight great books for educators and the owner and CEO of J Casas & Associates, where he serves as a professional leadership coach for school leaders across the country. In January 2020, Jimmy launched ConnectEDD, a publishing company aimed at giving back to the profession by supporting educators to become published authors. His newest book is Recalibrate the Culture: Our Why…Our Work…Our Values.
In this weeks episode of Principal Matters Podcast, Will Parker and Jimmy Casas discuss Jimmy’s newest book is Recalibrate the Culture: Our Why…Our Work…Our Values. It revisits the four premises of culturizing a positive school culture (Lead from a Core Set of Values; Cultivate a Community of Leader; See the Culture Through the Eyes of Other; Average Exists in Every Organization) with great takeaways and applications.
Listen in as Jimmy explains:
- How to lead from a “Core Set of Values”
- How the “The Power of Why: Passion, Behavior, Change” are helpful ways to recalibrate core values
- Why “Cultivating a Community of Leaders” is analogous to leaders sharpening their axes
- Tips for rethinking changes in others
- Jimmy says, “You may not see it, but in some way(s) you are contributing to this issue, so keep looking inward.” Listen-in to discover what he means by this and how you can gain better perspective on how you lead.
Check out his new book Recalibrate the Culture: Our Why…Our Work…Our Values.
Connect with Jimmy at JimmyCasas.com and on Twitter and Instagram: @Casas_Jimmy